Audition Workshop! Saturday, April 1st from 1-2:30pm.
Workshop Overview: All Ages and Beginner Skill Levels Welcome!
Are you confident with your auditioning skills? Would you like to learn techniques that will help you feel more confident and stand out from the crowd? Join us for this two-hour workshop where we will cover all the basics of a great audition!
Learn how to:
- How to choose music that matches the show, style, and character you're auditioning for.
- How to choose music that best showcases your talents.
- How to create a “tool box” of 16 and 32 bar cuts so you are ready for any audition at the drop of a hat.
- How to choose the 16 or 32 bars that best showcases your talent.
- What to wear and how to put your best foot forward at an audition.
- How to communicate with and work with the audition accompanist.
- What not to do at auditions.
- What repertoire to avoid.
- Breaking bad habits and thinking outside the box.
- How to set yourself apart and stand out at auditions.
Limited to 15 students. This event is free and is only open to our Summer Theatre Intensive students. To register email email@example.com to be added to the list.